Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
July 30, 2014, 12:02:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Please don't discuss Actual Prices  (Read 10296 times)
mbfloyd
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:32:32 AM »

Please don;t discuss actual prices.

The US has a funny little rule about a group of people getting to together to determine what the price of a product or service should be.

They don't like it (unless the product is Gas, Power, Water, or Health Insurance)

For those who would like to discuss price issues, someone has started a completely different website just for that, and you may like to know the link to it. Here it is:
http://www.freewebs.com/ballooningfees/
As this subject won't be discussed on the balloon-animal forum, you may like to go there to discuss that part of it.

koolkatkiwi

Kiwi/Canadian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 12:28:17 PM »

Mike, you are a scholar and a gentleman!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

This is exactly what I wanted, and you are so good to us on this forum. Thanks for also mentioning the other website for fees - that should keep you in the clear, while also allowing some discussion.

All these subjects on your site, plus the one you've allowed the link to, are needed for good Mentoring, and that is what I see this site as being for, more and more. The Mentoring, plus the wonderful community spirit here.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Kath Cool
FlowerClown

Flower Clown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 06:25:46 AM »

Too many Lawyers. We could control the World market of balloon entertainment. We should just have a pay scale that coensides with oil or latex prices.
koolkatkiwi

Kiwi/Canadian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »

Well, Ronnie, we have far, FAR fewer lawyers in New Zealand, and WE AIM TO KEEP IT THAT WAY! I was flabbergasted to learn that we couldn't discuss fees on here. I think it is a very important aspect that we need to discuss. There would never be any problem with telling people what you earn in my country.

I think it's ridiculous! But, I don't own this forum, so my opinion doesn't count.  Sad

Cheers,
Kath

P.S. We don't have suing here, either, and no performers have to carry any kind of insurance against being sued. We carry no insurance at all.
FlowerClown

Flower Clown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 03:12:44 AM »

Hummmm....

How do I get citizenship? NZ is a beautiful country and one day I will have to come and visit, the only problem is going back to the States. I personal have had it with the USA. This trip to Thailand was a way of looking into becoming an Expat. There is clown work here but the pay..... (ohhh I can't tell you what clowns make in Bangkok).... is not so good. I am cutting my trip short by 3 weeks. Not because of the work but I just found out I am going to be a father. Got to go home and start a family. We will be back in 6 months because we are medical refugees. The cost to have a baby here is 10% of what it costs back home. With the savings it would cover both of our flights, hotel, food, shopping, a new car and pay off my mortgage. Sorry this is not a forum for all of this. FREE TIBET.... Sorry again...

Flower
Bickers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 03:56:59 AM »

Congratulations on becoming a father!  Grin
Maui

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:09:40 AM »

wow!!!Sounds Like like a lottery winning w/alot  of savings

congrats on your new beginnings Wink

<3 HAPPILY TWISTED<3
koolkatkiwi

Kiwi/Canadian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »

Ronnie! CONGRATULATIONS! That is so super. Why does it cost so much to have a baby in the US? A few trips to the doctor, simple trip to the hospital or birthing unit - we pay for doctors visits here, but the hospital stay for the birth is free, AFAIK.

Thailand does seem a weird choice - especially if you're wanting a western way of life, and to have English as the main language.

I shouldn't shoot my mouth off, but sometimes it's frustrating being gagged.  Wink

Cheers,
Kath Cool

P.S. I agree wholeheartedly about Tibet. Also about the Japanese LAYING OFF our whales. And also . . . oops - might start to tread on some toes here!
FlowerClown

Flower Clown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 06:54:59 PM »

What don't you know the Japanese are killing whales for science! How else are they going to fit a whale in to a standard size science class room.

The Doctor we have here was educated in Germany which has a much better medical education system then we have at home in the States, I think it is an extra 2-4 years more. I also get all my dental work done here. For all the entertainers back home that pay for there own insurance. Compare the cost back home vs the cost and expenses here. Insurance companies are starting to fly people over seas to have medical work done.

We are just going to have the baby in Thailand stay an extra month and return home. Have you seen the movie from Michael Moore "SICKO". Welcome to America, WHAT? you don't have insurance? Sorry, your going to die. So much for Pro-Life movement.

This is a balloon forum and we should keep this stuff off of here. I am going to start changing my MySpace page from a clown only thing to my views of the World. I started by posting some feelings about Tibet and what we could do. I was thinking about canceling it anyway in protest to Mr Rupert Murdoch and his propaganda machine.

The internet is our only true voice "Keep the internet free"

And yea, I'll stop posting these kind of views here. Lets just keep it to Latex.

Peace, Love and Flower Clown

* baby-ronald.preview.jpg (18.52 KB, 460x360 - viewed 373 times.)
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 09:16:02 AM »

We are just going to have the baby in Thailand stay an extra month and return home. Have you seen the movie from Michael Moore "SICKO". Welcome to America, WHAT? you don't have insurance? Sorry, your going to die. So much for Pro-Life movement.
Peace, Love and Flower Clown

So..did u make the baby in Thailand..?  Cheesy or is he already been made.. ?  Grin Cheesy

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »

I honestly don't know what good it would do to discuss specific prices anyway.  what I charge in Iowa will not be even REMOTELY connected with what someone would charge in Chicago, or Cleveland or Los Angeles!  Like Flower Clown said about Thiland, pay there is likely LOW!  I would LOVE to travel around the world and make balloons for kids and see what things are like all over.  I LOVE children. children are the BEST part of our lives (my opinion!) and I am sure that I could entertain kids in Bali, or Thiland, or Taiwan or Japan or india or Africa just as easily as I do here in Iowa!  FUN is a universal language!

mark

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
nicolas107

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 07:32:49 AM »

Please don;t discuss actual prices.

The US has a funny little rule about a group of people getting to together to determine what the price of a product or service should be.

They don't like it (unless the product is Gas, Power, Water, or Health Insurance)

For those who would like to discuss price issues, someone has started a completely different website just for that, and you may like to know the link to it. Here it is:
http://www.freewebs.com/ballooningfees/
As this subject won't be discussed on the balloon-animal forum, you may like to go there to discuss that part of it.

Hello guys, I know I haven't introduced myself properly but as I jumped onto this post first I said I'll start from here. What your referring to above is called "Cartel" and it is illegal in the European Union as well aside from USA.

Fortunately we are allowed to discuss prices and what price each one of us sets as long as we do not agree between ourselves that everyone is going to charge for example 200 dollars per hour, or 1 dollar per balloon  Wink

Just my 2 cents,

Nicolas
YourBalloonMan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 02:29:48 AM »

You're right Nicolas.

I think we will allow discussion of prices on Balloon Library forums for now as long as it is not abused. I think it is a very important topic.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »

You're right Nicolas.

I think we will allow discussion of prices on Balloon Library forums for now as long as it is not abused. I think it is a very important topic.

main reason i use balloon library more now im new and need to talk money from best pierces to charge to be place to by balloons cheaply

unicaw89

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 12:43:51 AM »

Granted you are aloud more topics on a newer forum. But don't forget your roots. I try to be active in both forums, do NOT neglect one for the other! Mike is a huge inspiration of mine, a well as Fudge. But I could never choose between the 2!

Cody Freakin' Williams
Unicyclist gone Twister
www.Youtube.com/unicaw89
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals