Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
August 27, 2014, 03:49:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sesame Street Parodies  (Read 10052 times)
gator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »

here is my attempt at these characters ( I modified some a little)

That's them all, Hope you all like them and please give feedback (bad or good)
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 05:15:13 AM »

Ohh So cute having them lining up on the sofa...Thx David for sharing....

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
Maui

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »

Tooo cute----trash can Grin Cheesy
 Great job!    Elmo's leggs could be a little longer.  I tried the Elmo yesterday as per the instructions but I like your modifications of seperated arms and leggs Wink

Happy Twisting

<3 HAPPILY TWISTED<3
gator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »

yes I agree, legs could be longer for Elmo.  I though big bird came out ok, but I would make a modification to the wings to make them pull down a little.  As for the trash can, I didn't want to use any more gray balloons ,since it was just my trial attempt, but I would add three more to th efront, and then two to that to help with the roundness. 

Overall I am satisfied, however, I couldn't find a nice way to attach the eyes on Elmo, Cookie, or the Grouch and from a top down angle they don't look as good as they could...Any suggestions?

I like the originator's design and think they did a great job, if they are still on here, could you help with the face/eyes/neck design where I am having difficulties?
3Ring
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 07:09:04 AM »

Overall I am satisfied, however, I couldn't find a nice way to attach the eyes on Elmo, Cookie, or the Grouch and from a top down angle they don't look as good as they could...Any suggestions?
I like the originator's design and think they did a great job, if they are still on here, could you help with the face/eyes/neck design where I am having difficulties?
Actually I have posted a tutorial for the elmo on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbIBR6VeXT0).  I use a much simpler body in that video, but the concept is the same.  Basically, to attach the head to the body you thread one balloon through the middle of the head with the eyes and nose attached to the nozzle end of it.  Then you proceed to make the body out of that balloon.  The video makes it pretty clear.
And I agree about separated legs.  Looks much better.
Hope that helps!!

Oh, and I would make the pupils a bit smaller on yours.  They look a bit dilated.

-David
Maui

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »

Smiley Shocked Smiley

<3 HAPPILY TWISTED<3
gator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »

thanks, and yes the pupils are large, they had a rough night Smiley
Maui

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 09:20:08 AM »

LOL!!!!

<3 HAPPILY TWISTED<3
gator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 09:23:23 AM »

I was attaching the eyes and nose differently and they were standing up too much, I watched how you did it and that works better.  I still gave them the legs like I did and I also do the arms as well like that.  My second versions are much better than the ones I posted here, but that's why we practice Smiley
seanmcd51

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 09:17:58 PM »

Here is a Kermit delivery piece I just put together. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORW0q3i_oJA

The Kermit is based on John Christianson's Kermit. I've replaced the 260's he used for the collar with Qualatex's new 321's.

Lux

Lux

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 06:22:32 PM »

Aw! That is great! Good job!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
seanmcd51

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »

Thanks Lux,

I was really pleased with the way it turned out. That, along with Gonzo and Camilla (his chicken) was what I delivered to the parents. They were really happy with it.

Maui

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »

Shocked :oHow did you do that Sean Huh  That's awesome!!!!  Shoot, if I ever do something like that I would be doing cartwheels!!!!

<3 HAPPILY TWISTED<3
guesst

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 06:30:56 AM »

Can you clue is into where you got the audio chip device and how you installed it?
seanmcd51

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »

i got the recording device at the mall. a store that lets you build your own teadybear (build-a-bear) sells a 10 second recordeable device.

i encased it in a 350 of the same color leaving the speaker exposed. then i just found somewhere on the sculpture where it wouldn't stand out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals