Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
April 24, 2014, 06:48:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Living Statue  (Read 6632 times)
clownpatje

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2007, 02:16:43 AM »

Hellow,

I'm searching for the technique to make clothes older, to wear as living statue.

Is here anybody who knows that technique? Are there any sites, books about it?

Grz

Patje
Dr Toonz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 05:30:17 AM »

When I was in University and taking Drama we would age light colored cloths by soaking them in tea for a few hours and then letting them air dry.

For jeans and other heavier cloth we used to put them in the wash with a little extra bleach and some stones. Don't try this at home or your better half will kill you. There is at least one laundromat in our town that I think I am still banned from. Repeated washes will also age clothes without damaging the washing machine - but it takes time
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:05:18 AM »

Nowadays you can buy jeans that look like they have been worn for 10 years and the were used to pull a truck. They are ripped, bleached and stonewashed when you buy them. I don't think they are cheap (lot of extra work) but I wouldn't know, I'm from a generation that thinks that new clothes should look new and not if some rat nibbled on it.

Scottiemyboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 09:12:44 PM »

I have a grandson that could wear them for you for about a hour, that shoud do it, and I don't think he would charge to much.
                               Scottie
clownpatje

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 09:29:19 PM »

Hey,

Thx for the answers, but I don't think this is what I mean.
I want to be a living statue, so I have to look like it. I want to have my clothes wood-look for a woden statue, bronze-look if I am a statue of bronze, the same with silver-look, gold-look and 'building'-look.

I have to make clothes for it, but don't know the technique.

Grz

Patje
Scottiemyboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »

OH, Well then just give my grandson a can of bronze spray pant and he'll fix you right up, in fact he might just pay you to do it lol
                                    Scottie
Dr Toonz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 04:48:09 AM »

Patje

Have you looked into using fabric dyes for the base colors and then hand painting any details? For example a red dye for brick and then using fabric paint to create the mortar lines? I would think you could also do the same for stone - gray background and then dark grey or black for detail lines.
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 05:04:55 AM »

Sorry that I misunderstood. But now I know what you want. I have an aunt that is very artistic and she makes statues with these looks from ordinary clothes. I know she buys the stuff needed for that in an art and hobby craft store. I cannot ask her how she does it because she is on holiday but I'm sure if you ask in that kind of store that they can help you.
She made me once a small statue from an old rag and after she finished it look like bronze. And she is now making me a head which must look like old silver when she is finished.
One thing I do know, it is not cheap.
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 07:00:45 AM »

U r 48..(sorry to expose ur age) and u still have aunt? cool Wink

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 07:56:20 AM »

Technically it's Gonny's (my wife) aunt.
But yes, I have some aunts, at least two that I see regularly and I think maybe two more but I haven't seen them in over 36 years. An aunt can be almost the same age as you... in Gonny's case there is 14 years between them. That is a lot when you are 10 but not much if you are 40.

Patje, I tried to find the name of that product that she uses but I cannot find it. If you want I can ask her as soon as she comes home.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 07:59:00 AM by Wim » Logged
Professor T Wist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:18:46 AM »

I am not quite as old, 42, but I have a Great Aunt, does that get cool ratings? lol

If only I knew then what I know now
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 11:09:09 AM »

Wow John, a Great Aunt? At your age? Supercool Wink
You beat me there...  mine died this year at the blessed age of 96.
Professor T Wist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »

That is a good age, in fact it is the age my Great Aunt is 96. Certainly something for us to aim at  Grin

If only I knew then what I know now
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 05:12:35 PM »

I've ever read and heard that women lives longer than men....how true is that...? Wink

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 03:02:39 AM »

I can say for a fact that that is true here in Holland. Above the age of 70 you see hardly any man, I think 90% are woman. But according to statistics woman are loosing ground fast since they started working (stress) and smoking and drinking, which happened around the 1970s. So it seems that if I reach that age (IF) of 70,  man and woman will be getting the same age, again according statistics..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals