Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
October 30, 2014, 05:13:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Discussion - thoughts/ideas?  (Read 746 times)
Nat

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »

I am writing this to see what people think of the use of Facebook.  I am using it, but what do you do to try and increase interaction on your Facebook page and what kind of posting do you consider worth posting?  What are you doing to try and increase your local following/interest.  I just figured I would toss this out there and see what we decide.

Posting:

Events, times and locations - this includes notices when you will not be able to make a regular gig or market.

Fun and unique creations to keep interest (something I am lacking on - full time job, twisting and baby takes up much of my time)

Encouraging Interaction:

I am now just starting to post some of the funny stories to let people know why what I do is so much fun.  I kind of see it like a Readers' Digest funny section.

Asking questions --- I tried this, but I am lacking adequate interaction at this time.  I even tried a contest, but only had a close friend and a family member participate.  Not quite the response I had hoped for....

Advisories....?  I saw Buster Balloon posted a child advisory that was quite important and worth reposting, so I put it on my balloon page.  This actually had a good response, but the point I was sharing was quite important to say the least.

Misc:

Page is listed on business cards.

Nathaniel
snurb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 01:09:57 AM »

I love it! It is the hub of my business. A website is passive and needs your customers to come and find you. Facebook is active, it goes out and shouts about you when you post, customers can leave honest feedback and potential clients can contact each other.

Stay twisted!!!
Magical Twists

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »

Persistence, it takes a lot of time to build it up.  I have a photo section, New 52, I post a "new" design that I learned every week.   For the most part they are new, sometimes new to them.  Post on other pages, ex, restaurant or event you will be at.  If you want to artificially drive up your likes, get your friends to like it, or be like me and try to get organic likes.
The function and emphasis you place on your page will ultimately determine what you do with it.  If it is your only web presence then spend tons of time on it.  Or it can be a way to drive people to your website, use your posts to that effect.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals