Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
December 19, 2014, 02:58:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 765 times)
Razberry

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »

I'm very sorry for such a newbie questions but it's causing a house hold argument so I thought I'd ask the pro's

I'm from Ontario Canada, and I have an opportunity to join a new farmers market as a vendor.

The Question is do I need a Vendors permit to do this?
funat60

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:48:26 PM »

I too am from Ontario Canada.  I have a company name and also an HST number.  Its a difficult question to answer because the government would like you to declare every penny you make as taxable income.  If you are doing this part time, most people are willing to pay cash.  If you are doing balloons for companies that need to write off the expense they will definately expect a receipt for your services.  Before GST became HST, the rule was that if you were going to have sales of over $30,000 then you had to collect GST.  Then they combined PST and GST and the rules all changed.  I would check out the government web sites and see if that rule still applies.  For most purposes, PST (Ont Retail Sales Tax) no longer exists however that does not mean you shouldn't have an HST  number.
Razberry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 06:29:22 PM »

thank you so much for your reply funat60 it actually helped alot Smiley
funat60

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »

Well I do wish there was an exact answer for you Razberry.  Even if you call a government office you will get different answers, depending on who you are talking to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals