Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
April 21, 2014, 05:23:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New twister questions  (Read 918 times)
DBalloonist

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »

Being new to the industry, I would appreciate any advice and suggestions you may have for me.  Here are some things I need help with.

1) how do I avoid staying after my paid time with crying kids who still want a balloon.

2) what are your policies on replacing popped balloons?  Especially with outdoor grassy areas?  That grass is an enemy.

More questions to come!  Thanks for your help.
Nat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »

Question 1:  Refer to this link on a thread all about this topic (http://balloon-animals.com/forum/index.php/topic,3676.0.html)

Nathaniel
Nat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 07:41:58 PM »

Question 2:  If it is the birthday kid, I generally do not apply the options --- I am reluctant to tell the birthday child no unless the parent is involved at telling them to wait their turn.  Only with an overly pushy child will I begin to have some trouble (rare moment).
Option 1:  Tell them to get in line and wait their turn and you will get to them when you have a chance as the children around you have been waiting for their turn.
Option 2:  Inform them how you are still working on making a first balloon for several children, but once you have taken care of them, you will gladly whip up a quick creation for them on the spot.
Option 3:  Not adviced as it may cause a chain reaction of interrupting and demanding children as it happens again and again.... is to make a quick one twist creation and get the kid to leave... lol  A balloon sword or stick --- now go away!!!   

Those are some of the approaches I use.  Generally I avoid option 3.  Birthday children generally get an exception to policy as I stated, I really want them to be happy.  If it is too continual, than I might start to tell them they will have to wait their turn for the next one, but when I replace their popped creation, it is generally nothing too time consuming nor complicated as I want to get back to the patient children who are waiting for their turn.

Nathaniel
jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »

I usually go by 1 per person and that if there is time at the end I will fix if possible or make a balloon of my choosing for them to replace it if it's not fixable

Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle
Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »

I have a sign that says: WARNING: balloons pop if they touch the grass. Then I also tell kids as I hand them the balloon that the grass will pop the balloon, so don't let it touch. Then if it pops, they were warned. If there are other kids in line, I tell them that they can get back in line and wait their turn.

Teacher, Voice Actor, Balloon Twister, Tuvan Throat Singer. I know... weird, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals