Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
April 24, 2014, 09:08:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth of subscribing to Balloon Magic  (Read 1307 times)
Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2012, 08:14:58 AM »

So is it worthwhile? Please, convince me to turn me away. I would like to hear all sides of the issue. As I am a part-timer, I am not certain it's worth the investment.

Eat, twist, be happy.
FuDDx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »

I've found them to be a great addition to my ballooning material. They are a little pricey but Big Fun Balloons (In Phoneix, Az. ) has many back issues for 2-3 dollars a piece!!! Also I've found a few issues at used book stores on two occasions (thanks whoever you are).

Some issues are not as good or are themed around a particular holiday. I would say yes get them a few at a time, buy one or two with every balloon order its worth it IMO. And its a company worth supporting !!
Magical Twists

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »

If you mostly do line work, I would not recommend getting Balloon Magic, it will not be much help to you.  You might get one or two designs every year (4 issues). 
You can also look at it cost per design.  Around $1 per design is really good, very few dvds have this ratio.  I would recommend getting the holiday issues, Christmas and Halloween.  There is a lot of fun stuff in those.
snurb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »

There is alot of waiting around for them and they don't always arrive in time for the holiday!!

Stay twisted!!!
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »

I've never been sold on 'em.

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »

I live in Canada - contacted them to get a shipping quote for a back issue and was told it would be emailed to me - that was a year ago - I never got it, and they never replied to my follow up email - so I went a different route.  And with the issues I've heard about the subscription deliveries, I think if I want a issue, now that I know they can be ordered through some suppliers I think I'll do that instead

Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle
mackerous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:00:23 AM »

I only have a few issues, but I enjoy them a lot. I do mostly line work and have already gotten a handful of designs from them. I also am pretty good at "dumbing down" designs, as awful as that seems, to speed things up. I would stay with more recent issues, as I got one from 2001 and the quality of designs in it did not meet my standards (ugh, sounds really pretentious, but hey, I don't make things that look bad and it's why I'm so popular).

Also, I think it's worth throwing a few in wish each order of balloons just for fun. Even if you don't get pieces out of it for work, most people here got into twisting because it's fun and I like just making things to impress people that come over to the house.
warren

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »

Save your money. Do not pay for it. Keep up with this site and follow a few twisters on YouTube.
Twisted

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 01:01:36 AM »

Save your money. Do not pay for it. Keep up with this site and follow a few twisters on YouTube.

Like Warren here whom I follow on youtube...he taught me to tak weave 3x3 and 4x2.

-t

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals