Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
September 01, 2014, 11:43:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Twister From Weirton Wv  (Read 1419 times)
Randomwill07

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »

Hello my name is William and i am from Weirton Wv. I started twisting about 2 months ago to do my nephews party. Just thought it would be fun to try and after about 2 weeks of practice i could do about 20-25 diff balloons. Currently i am up to about 75 diff designs but i can usually make anything i see on YouTube or in magazines just by looking at them. I was just wondering if there was anyone near where i live that has a place to go to go practice such as a clown alley or something i have heard about or anyone has tips for beginners like myself. ALSO i would love a picture or video of how to make a cactus if anyone has one ^_^ Thank yous.
jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:16:20 PM »

great start, only 2 months and up to 75 models, good for you!  I'm not in your area and can't help with the cactus but I'd like to welcome you to the forums!  I hope you are finding them useful.

Crystal

Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle
dougy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »

Yes welcome to the forum, it is great to see new artists joining the club.

Dougy's Twisting
add some FUN to your event
Randomwill07

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 05:13:07 PM »

Thank you both very much the newest balloon i have made that the kids seem to love is a care bear im sure theres other people that have made them but i thought id show some of my work Also i have some balloons on facebook that are ones i did.http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.383395975022863.105781.100000573919095&type=3  is the facebook link and this is my bear

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Vinkelientje

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »

Welcome to this forum  Smiley

I am in the mood for twisting!!!
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:54:34 AM »

ALSO i would love a picture or video of how to make a cactus if anyone has one ^_^ Thank yous.

I have a picture, but not on me, but cacti are easy to make.  They look better with 3XX or 6xx balloons, but they can be done with 260s.  (If you don't know what 3xx/6xx are, those are twisting balloons with 3 or 6 inch diameters.)

Blow up the balloon that will serve as the trunk.  Blow up a second balloon.  Don't fill it.  Create a curve in the balloon making a right angle at at the 1/4 mark in that balloon. This will be the arm of the cactus.  At the half way point make two pinch twists.  At the 3/4 mark in the balloon make the other arm.  Take the trunk and about 2/3rds of the way from the bottom, attach it to the pinch twists that you made in the arms.

If you did this with 3xx or 6xx, this looks really nice on a 16" geo or donut balloon base.  If you can put a buzzard on the arm, it goes one step further... flowers area another nice enhancement... as are cow skulls at the base.

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
Randomwill07

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »

Thank you for the welcomes i see what your saying with the cactus im using 260s atm i have some 350s do you think you could toss me a link to a pic of one so i can see it? Mine comes out all wonky Sad
jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »

I love your care bear! I'll have to give it a go

Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle
Randomwill07

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »

One other thing i really wanted to know in doing a kids party like a birthday or what not what is the most requested balloon for a boy a girl and in general. That would be a great help thank you in advance. Also what hats are a big seller i have been making a palm tree hat with a monkey and a bannana on it but that takes a decent amount of time compared to a twisted 2 balloon hat. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated thank you again.
arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 11:31:27 PM »

welcome to the forum. Love the care bear. I guess the muzzle is the nozzle of the 5" round pulled up through the head. I haven't seen that before. Hope to see more photos soon.

Let's twist again, like we did last summer!
Randomwill07

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »

Yeah that is how i did it also there is about an 8-9 inch bubble behind the round to hold everything snug it gives the bear the ability to be hugged by small children and not fall apart ^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals