Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
August 20, 2014, 07:22:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is so strange  (Read 1014 times)
ms. cracker

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »

Last year at Easter I was at my sister's. We of course made tons of balloons, but on one occasion I was busy, so I just inflated an 18 inch clear round, which my niece promptly decorated by drawing her grandmother's face and hair, and dubbed it the "Grammy ball."

They passed by here on their way out East, and mentioned that they STLL HAVE the Grammy ball, and it is almost the original size, too. I'm kind of creeped out. How can that be? That's a YEAR! It gets tossed around on occasion. Otherwise it's under the pool table.

Has anyone else seen a balloon take on a life of it's own like that? I have a pink heart that's about 2 months old and still not too bad looking, and I forgot about a 160 bunny that fell behind a potted plant, and it was still proportional but extremely teeny when I found it. I've never heard of any balloon holding up that long and still being inflated. Have any of you?

This would be really funny if it weren't happening to me!
sara k

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »

That is weird. I haven't used the clear rounds  other than the small stars around, but I am surprised cause when i've used clear 260's ,350's etc. they are more likely to pop, fade and shrink faster. The ones I've had hold up the longest are the agates but they again are more expensive and thicker latex. Sounds like a case of balloon anthropomorphism. Smiley
vslg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 12:14:30 PM »

I too have found a balloon 2 months later that's still in pretty good shape...

And I've had a couple of people that I've delivered bouquets to...that have remarked that though it was a bit smaller...their bouquets were still intact...over a month later...
snurb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »

I made a large bride and groom for my friends wedding about 1.5m tall. I made them in the October and at Christmas they were still up although a little smaller. She ended up popping them in Jan!

Stay twisted!!!
jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:20:36 AM »

I've made stuffed clear balloons, you know when you stuff like 20 water balloons inside a clear round, that have lasted up to 6 months.  They do get a littlc cloudy, but because of the balloons bouncing aroung inside, it's not that bad.  I've never been told that they've lasted a year, but 6 months and that with the kids playing with them often.

Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle
Nat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 07:06:58 AM »

I made a 646 dog one year and gave it away to a small child at the Farmers' Market.  The following year's market, the mother told me she had been cleaning and found one of the balloons still fully inflated hiding under the girl's bed.  As soon as she started playing with it, it started to deflate (soft to the touch I am betting).  Made me laugh knowing it lasted that long (5-6 months at least).

Nathaniel
The White Lotus

South Korea's got Seoul ~

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 01:29:32 AM »

That IS strange, because I made a penguin for a friend and randomly left it at their house. They told me about a week ago that it was still there where it was the entire time.

TWO YEARS LATER.

Once you go Asian, you never go Caucasian...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals