Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
September 30, 2014, 02:53:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Credit Cards  (Read 4794 times)
vslg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »

Rates are typically higher for manual transactions than swiped...
sara k

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »

I found that out. But some money is better than no money.  And also I wondering if some cards have a limit set on them also which may be the reason that payments are denied. So the saga continues ? ? ?
Sara K.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:24:35 PM by sara k » Logged
vslg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »

I've not heard of a card without some sort of limit...

So they've either reached their limit...or its a debit card and  there's no more money in their account...
sara k

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »

So I'll take it out in trade?  I need a new kitchen floor anyway.
Sara K.
update must have been a daily limit. Ended up using paypal. that worked pretty slick too.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:23:06 PM by sara k » Logged
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »

iv had my eye on that for a good year but NO uk service Sad fingers crossed it comes hear soon

Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »

My problem with using this is that the restaurant I twist in regularly gets NO cell signal inside.

Teacher, Voice Actor, Balloon Twister, Tuvan Throat Singer. I know... weird, right?
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 08:13:32 AM »

I got mine a while back and it was a while before I used it.  The story is sort of funny really.  I did an event for a city organization who are issued credit cards to pay for needed supplies and such because they are easier to deal with than invoices.  So I decided to try the thing out.  At the time all I had was my android tablet, which ony contacted the net at specific locations.  SOooooo.  I told the guy that I needed to have an internet connection, I asked to take his card to my daughters house, a few blocks away, where I knew I had an internet connection via their wireless network.  So for my virgin try at the square, I drove to the kids house, pulled up in the driveway, did the whole swiping the card thing and signing and went back to the event.  returning the card.  It was a little strange, but the money was in my account the next day, not two weeks later as it would be through an invoice and check.
i stuck the visa card logo on the balloon cart that I use in my restuarant work.  have not used it yet in that capacity, but I may start doing so.  I just got an Android phone the other day.  By the way, I got a phone through Wal Mart with Straight Talk, you have to buy the phone (mine was $129) but service is $45 a month through sprint.  All you have to do is pay the$45 and you have unlimited access.  3 G but heck, I can live with that.  my kids are paying at least 3x that for their phones and access.  My wife has the same sort of thing and our phone bill is now $90 a month, total.  no suprizes!  and I can use my square and pick up my email any time I like now.  Very strange world we live in kids! 

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
Magical Twists

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »

Used my square for the first time last weekend and I was so happy I had gotten it, otherwise there would have been no sale!
Not sure how I feel though about using it in a restaurant to take tips.  Anyone have the manager bring it up?
balloonguy2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »

Not sure how I feel though about using it in a restaurant to take tips.  Anyone have the manager bring it up?

If the restaurant has approved you working there for tips, how you accept them should not be an issue.  People just don't carry cash so much anymore.  That shouldn't mean you don't get paid.
Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »

You can aso us Intuit's card reader: http://intuit-gopayment.com. Customer service is a bit better since they are a large and established financial software company.

Eat, twist, be happy.
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 07:10:40 AM »

Thanks Marc, looks like INTUIT has the same type of app that the Square does. 

The swipe rate is a fraction cheaper with INTUIT---0.05% or for every twenty dollars charged, 1 cent difference.

The manual rate MIGHT be cheaper with either one---depending on the charge.  INTUIT chage 3.7% while SQUARE charge 3.5% plus a 15 cent per transaction entry.  At $75, the fee is $2.775 for both INTUIT and SQUARE.  If your charges are less than 75, Intuit is cheaper.  If they are more, then the Square is cheaper---for manual entries.

At 10 bucks, the difference (for manual entries) is 0.13 cents.

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
naeno

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 08:37:32 AM »

I just wanted to let you know that I actually chose to go with intuit gopayment, and I'm really happy I did!  Their customer service has been STELLAR!  If you call them, you are speaking with an actual person within seconds.  Their card reader appears easier to use.   It's much bigger, so you're less likely to lose it, and it doesn't have the swipe issues that Square's does.

Square is the "cool" one right now, but I suspect long term Intuit will be a better option.  Just my two cents.
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 09:27:19 AM »

Used my square for the first time last weekend and I was so happy I had gotten it, otherwise there would have been no sale!

I've had two managers comment on it, and both of them were very favorable.  One said something like, "That's soo cool" and the other said, "Wow, entering the 21st century are you?"

But I am thinking about getting INTUIT as well.  If the card reader doesn't work for square, which is about 1/3 the time, then they take 15 cents on top of their cut.  15 cents isn't much, but it is still 1.5% on a 10 buck tip difference.

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
jballoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »

Paypal Here is a new reader coming out that is like square except that you can have a list of your items to chose from.
naeno

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 02:10:55 PM »

Paypal Here is a new reader coming out that is like square except that you can have a list of your items to chose from.

intuit allows for lists as well.  (Did I mention how happy I am with them?   Grin)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals