Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
October 22, 2014, 09:27:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PiNK - Creative Balloon Sculpting with Lily and Jazz  (Read 6119 times)
soniata

I <3 Balloons!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:29 AM »

Hey all! Recently I was excited to receive a copy of Lily Tan's latest balloon twisting book, PiNK.

Tutorials on offer include:
  • Flower Hair Band
  • Pink Poodle
  • Pink Butterfly
  • Lollipop Lollipop
  • Star Magic Wand
  • Mini Cake
  • Mini Mushroom
  • Mini Octopus
  • Pink Piggy Nose

Additionally, it features instructions for:
  • Tying a Knot
  • Lock Twist
  • Loop Twist
  • Two-Ear Twist
  • Apple Twist/Tulip Twist
  • Types of Balloons

Pros:
Each step is beautifully illustrated and very detailed. I love the feel of the book, which is rather dreamy and Pink; two things that I love! In the back of the book features an Art Showcase, which has photos of beautiful balloon creations by Lily. They are inspiring and wonderful, two things I always associate with her work.
She shares a technique that I have not seen illustrated before, which she uses with great effect for the noses of the mini pig (instruction available) and mini dinosaur (no instructions - Art Showcase)

Cons:
I could not find out much about the book before I'd ordered it, but that was okay since it was only a recent release. Ergo, I was disappointed when I realised that the focus of her book was not at all about the illustration on the cover; which was what had me very eager to gain a copy. If you have some experience though you will be able to gain valuable inspiration from the illustrations of the art showcase.

Would I recommend the book?
Absolutely, yes. It is beautiful and inspiring for the reasons that I have given. Just don't be disappointed like me if there is not detailed instructions on how she creates her sweet girls... But she will certainly give you the will to try!
The sculptures that have the illustrations appear quick and easy, but I am yet to do them. I do not think they will be introduced into my regulars, except maybe one or two.

If you are looking to purchase your own copy, I would fully recommend www.kinokuniya.com.sg/ who are located in Singapore; which appears to ship world-wide (I am in Australia and Kinokuniya Australia did not seem to have it as an option)

If you have any question about anything I have not addressed, please do not hesitate to ask!
Visit my thread in the Balloon Photos section if you would like to see what I've created after viewing this book : http://balloon-animals.com/forum/index.php/topic,4892.0.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:08:09 AM by soniata » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals