Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
April 18, 2014, 06:57:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Storage  (Read 806 times)
psheps24

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:53:27 AM »

This is not so much a review as a call for reviews! This is what I store my balloons in.

10 drawer cart from Michael's, two colours of 260 in each drawer. On top are three drawers from Walmart for 5 inch rounds, hearts, and geos, and 11 inch rounds on top. The basket is for loose balloons that don't make it into the apron or back in the drawers.

I havent found a use for 160/350 for line work. Yet.

What do you think? What do you use?
arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:25:52 AM »

My only concern is that the containers are not sealed in any way. Balloons will oxidise so some sort of lid would help to slow that process down. Other than that, very nice indeed.

Let's twist again, like we did last summer!
Mr. Zapz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:36:17 AM »

True but it seems like the balloons are still sealed in the bag

All together now, 1....2....3.....ZAP!!!!!!
psheps24

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:05:44 AM »

Yup, they're all still in their bags with the tops rolled (and upside down) so they're pretty well sealed. There are only a few loose balloons that aren't airtight, but those get used right away.
Tree

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 06:11:18 AM »

This is much nicer than all my gallon ziplock bags lol  Cheesy I keep thinking I really need a better way to store.
Sick and Twisted

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 10:31:42 AM »

Your setup looks fine, and I use something similar minus the wheels.  It was hard to get a decent photo with readable labels, but this is how I organize things.  Not pictured (but slightly to the left) are armature bases, a busking bag, and a floor pump.

arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »

Ah, I see my error. Nice set up. I have a big holdall stuffed with bags of balloons and a cardboard box full of more so not organised at all yet. Not much room in our tiny apartment/flat for such a practical solution I'm afraid. Jealous  Cry

Tree

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 08:21:10 PM »

Wow that reeeeeally puts my ziplock bags to shame! Very nice set up it looks really organized.

I have separate gallon ziplock bags for the different size balloons and I separate the colors by wrapping one of the balloons around the rest of the same color so they are in little bundles. I have smaller ziplock bags for the traditional color balloons that are hard to tell what color they are and labeled with a sharpie so I can grab them quickly. Honestly I probably won't but the traditional qualatex pack again too hard to tell the colors and I'm personally not fond of the see through colors.

Of course I don't have as many balloons as most of you pros. I also have 2 scrap bags: scraps for tying and scraps that are inflatable. Then I have all the bags in a big plastic bin with a lid. It's not pretty (notice the lack of a picture lol) but it works for me and I can find things pretty quickly which is nice.
arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 11:47:35 PM »

You have set me thinking about my crummy arrangements. If I make any money from a coming gig, I will put some of it into acquiring some plastic drawers or boxes as it really is about time I got organised. It makes it much easier to see when supplies are running low as well. Thanks for posting this.

jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »

Wow! that's way more stock than I keep on hand

Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle
Sick and Twisted

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »

Here's some more food for thought for those thinking about upgrading their storage rigs: from 11:45-16:00 in this video, David Brenion showcases how he stores his massive amount of balloons.
Mr. Zapz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 09:16:21 PM »

S&T I have very close to the same setup, though not as large. I have 12 drawers the same size as your 350 drawer. I want more though to keep up with the growing number of balloons I keep bringing in.

All together now, 1....2....3.....ZAP!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals