Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
October 31, 2014, 05:03:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Qualatex new green pump  (Read 4316 times)
Umirgul

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »

Just wondering if any one out there has used the new green pump? Sounds like it is longer? Is it different enough for an order or not so?
Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 06:02:44 AM »

Which green pump is that? I just bought a Qualatex green pump that is appears to be almost identical to the purple pump (other than the color). Oh, and it says "Made in USA" instead of "Made in Sweden" on it.

Teacher, Voice Actor, Balloon Twister, Tuvan Throat Singer. I know... weird, right?
Umirgul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 07:46:48 AM »

Yea, that's what I figured Sad it sounded like it might have been improved. But I guess not Undecided thanks
jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:21:51 AM »

the cap has flat edges so that it doesn't roll and I think the tip is slightly different - qualitex had something about them on their page a while back - my local supplier hasn't got them yet - the fact that they won't roll off the table is a selling point for me that's why I remembered that part

Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle
jballoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »

I asked my dealer about them and they said they are having production problems with them. This new pump is suppose  to be double action which means it inflates on both strokes. Conwin sells a double action pump that has been around for a while.
Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »

The cap does have flat edges but they are very short. It has 16 sides. So it still rolls pretty easily. Not as well as the purple pump, but it does still roll. The changes to the tip are insignificant. And after one day of limited use, a piece of black plastic has already broken off of the grip area (not even sure when it happened… It may have come that way). I'll upload a few photos when I get a chance.

Teacher, Voice Actor, Balloon Twister, Tuvan Throat Singer. I know... weird, right?
Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »

I didn't get the bottoms lined up perfectly in this photo, but the pumps are the exactly same size.

* Pumps.jpg (111.48 KB, 480x640 - viewed 166 times.)

Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »

Here you can see the difference between the caps. Yes, the green one has flat sides. But they are too short to stop it from rolling.

* Caps.jpg (95.53 KB, 640x480 - viewed 185 times.)

Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:56:53 PM »

You can see the flat sides of the cap in this photo, along with the broken grip.

* Broken Grip.jpg (71.51 KB, 640x480 - viewed 166 times.)

Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 04:59:22 PM »

There is a slight difference in the caps, but I haven't noticed a difference in usability. Additionally, you can see in the second photo that the tapering of the tip has been rotated 90 degrees in relation to the orientation of the grip. Again, I have not noticed a difference in usability.

* Tips.jpg (87.32 KB, 640x480 - viewed 162 times.)

* Grips.jpg (102.95 KB, 480x640 - viewed 130 times.)

Umirgul

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 05:11:47 PM »

Thanks for info and Picts!! How I wish you could have a pump that could fill a to 3 inches in a pump or two without it having to be a big floor pump. Maybe it's against the law of physics?
jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »

thanks for the info - the prototype that I saw earlier had ALOT bigger flat edges, kinda sad to see they changed that.  Oh well, I'm sure they'll be better than the alternative dollar store one we have here - the last one of those I bought completely broke after one day of twisting

Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 12:45:41 PM »

The picture on La Rocks certainly has larger flat edges: http://www.larocks.com/balloon/pumps.htm

But it also has a disclaimer in red: Picture may vary slightly from actual product.

jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 07:31:17 AM »

yup that's the one I had seen - I wonder why they changed it - it was one of the big seling points on the new pump

Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »

I went back to the balloon store and looked at all of the green pumps they have in stock and every single one has the same exact chip of plastic broken out of the base of the grip. So either they have a design flaw or a shipping/handling flaw that is causing that piece of plastic to break. It doesn't effect the functionality of the pump, but the edges of the break are a little bit sharp. I'm going to file it down a little bit so I don't keep stabbing my hand.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals