Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
December 22, 2014, 12:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Challenge!  (Read 2112 times)
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

No, I am tossing out a challenge, but I have been slapped with several lately and they are really great fun!
First a Cement Truck.  That was fun...a Manatee/ sea cow   A badger (what the heck are these kids smoking anywa?)  Of course the Termite and the cockroach of a while back, an iguana, a nearly full sized ostritch.....and tonight a sweet little girl asked for a Surfer on a surf board.

Also, as I have mentioned elsewhere, I am starting to move to using 350/60 size more and more.  the IMPACT is amazing!  Make a simple Penguin with 350s! it is EYE popping!.  I make a Unicorn with white 350s, a purple violet mane and a twisted gold 160 for the horn.  I make Hoofs with 350 black or purple and a bridle of a 350.  These things are fantastic!   Rudolph the red!  knows Rain...dear!  in 350 he is STELLER!
The more  I use 350s the better I like them.  Make a princess with Bubble gum pink and watch out!  you will be trampled by little girls trying to get it from you.  same for jasmmine, or the little mermaid!  and you can add DETAils  like you can't on other pieces.  and they show up better in a restaurant!  The manager sees them.  so do patrons.  Try a Thomas using 350s and a 260 for smoke!   WOW!!  a mknkey in a tree is no harder with 350 than 260 and looks WAY better!

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
rutica

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:53:19 AM »

pictures! pictures! i want to see pictures!
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »

At the moment they are in too lare a format to put up here.  Check my Papa Balloon and his friends facebook or the portfolio t Balloon hq (papaballoon.com)  i will try to get the stuff boiled down to a small enough size for this forum.  But realize that I did not get them all.  Tonight I was asked to do a santa with a full body and I think I did a pretty good job.

SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »

Papa, I agree, the more I use 3X0's the more I like them too... unfortunately, it often takes 2-3 balloons to make the same figure with the larger balloon... but it is often worth the effort. 

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »

Worth the effort??? yeah!  my unicorn takes up 2 350 size a 260 and a 160.  but is it COOL!!!  oh wow!  yeah it sure is!  Mostly because I have space to make it look cooler.  A 350 princess is AWESOME!  i make Mermaids with a 321, a 350 three 260s and a scrap of 260.  It is a way cool piece!  Girls FREAK!  Spiderman is wild from a 350 size and not any harderto do than with 260s! 

Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »

A badger? Maybe a honey badger! (if you haven't seen the video on youtube you have to go there right now. It's so stupid it's funny. It amazes me what passes for entertainment these days...)
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »

OK, another sdries of "WTF?"  balloons.  What have you gotten asked to do lately?  I was at a home show over the weekend and was asked to do a "sexy girl" to go in a window well of a booth.  another asked for a clock for his.
Last week a kid asked if I would do ME.  so I did a lootle of me, bald head, grey mustasche and holding a balloon doggie made from a 160.  A little girl wanted to get an alligator yesterday and today a kid asked for an alien spaceship.
I also made a life sized lootle to sit inside a John Deere Gator and look like a driver.  Got a lot of comments, a peacock, I had some challenges but nothing spectacular.  By the way, Watch Rebecca Kanar's "You want me to make a WHAT?"  she has some really interesting things on that DVD.

SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 10:02:32 AM »

OK, another sdries of "WTF?"  balloons.  What have you gotten asked to do lately? 

The biggest two WTF balloons I've been asked for recently are Sideshow Bob and Winnie the Pooh.

A few months ago I was asked for Marvin the Martian.

Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 12:11:18 PM »

Last night a kid asked for a transformer and I made a motorcycle.  Told him it was, kickstand the autobot.  He said "AWESOME!".  Got a nice tip too.  Dad laughed!

Peter John

If you build it they will come (and take it away!)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 05:04:07 AM »

No, I am tossing out a challenge, but I have been slapped with several lately and they are really great fun!
First a Cement Truck.  That was fun...a Manatee/ sea cow   A badger (what the heck are these kids smoking anywa?)  Of course the Termite and the cockroach of a while back, an iguana, a nearly full sized ostritch.....and tonight a sweet little girl asked for a Surfer on a surf board.

Also, as I have mentioned elsewhere, I am starting to move to using 350/60 size more and more.  the IMPACT is amazing!  Make a simple Penguin with 350s! it is EYE popping!

Try 646s if you really want to blow someone away.  Here is a very quick one I did, but you get the idea of the scale on one of these things.  (Yes, some 350s and 260s were used to help create balloon... but the body is 646 so I count that as the base)

* Penguin.jpg (66.91 KB, 541x960 - viewed 122 times.)

Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 05:51:45 AM »

Oh yes.  I have been using the 646 and 660 size some too.  I made a guy sitting in a john deere ute at the home show last weekend.  Technique is pretty much the same,  just a bit more difficult.  You can make darn near anything that you can with a260. 

Peter John

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »

Oh yes.  I have been using the 646 and 660 size some too.  I made a guy sitting in a john deere ute at the home show last weekend.  Technique is pretty much the same,  just a bit more difficult.  You can make darn near anything that you can with a260. 

I have been playing around with some 12 inch x 60 inch, 20 inch x 40 inch, 20 inch x 80 inch, 32 inch x 100 inch and some 4 inch x 120 inch, 7 inch x 120 inch balloons.  Although much more expensive, worth the investment.

SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 08:55:01 PM »

I have been playing around with some 12 inch x 60 inch, 20 inch x 40 inch, 20 inch x 80 inch, 32 inch x 100 inch and some 4 inch x 120 inch, 7 inch x 120 inch balloons.  Although much more expensive, worth the investment.

where are you buying such beasts?

Peter John

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 04:03:55 PM »

OK, another sdries of "WTF?"  balloons.  What have you gotten asked to do lately? 

The biggest two WTF balloons I've been asked for recently are Sideshow Bob and Winnie the Pooh.

A few months ago I was asked for Marvin the Martian.

Would love to see a Sideshow Bob

SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »

Would love to see a Sideshow Bob

The quality of the photo isn't the best, but hope you can see enough to appreciate it.  Like I said, this was a challenge balloon that I made on the spot:

Bart was also a challenge balloon---Bart was actually the reason why I got challenged with Side Show Bob.  I mentioned that somebody had challenged me the previous week to make a Bart and this is what I came up with:

For some reason, the image doesn't always come out.  If it doesn't show, goto my webpage and you should be able to see it on the tab that reads "I am not a clown"

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:46:58 AM by SomeClownConsulting » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals