Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
September 01, 2014, 06:50:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Anyone recommend a Christmas DVD  (Read 1587 times)
Heather

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2011, 04:41:29 PM »

The only one that I can find is twisting with Santa Stretch and can not find a review or what is on the DVD.
Thanks
Heather
paladinNJ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »

Its not really complex designs but they do go over well with kids.
Fifteen Designs:
Reindeer Hat
Elf Hat
Santa Hat (2)
2 Christmas stars
Snowflake
Wreath
Santa
Snowman (2)
Snowglobe
And an Elf/Garden Gnome design.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/White-Knight-Balloons/144374235581273
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:27:15 PM »

Stretch's DVD's are always good and worth getting... that being said, the Christmas DVD is my least favorite of the 8 or so that I own.  While most of his DVDs have stuff for the beginner, intermediate, and beginning advanced twister; the Christmas DVD was much more basic than the other ones that I've seen. 

That being said, I did love his Santa.

Also, if you like Stretch, go onto facebook and friend him on his real name (Wendell Clendennen.)  He offers regular sales on his DVDs.  His Christmas sale (good thru Nov 30 via facebook only) is buy any 3 DVDs for 25 a piece.

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
G. D. Harvey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »

Check with Ed Chee at Diamondstorm to see if Buster Balloon's  A very Balloony Christmas is still available.  They used to bundle it with other purchases.  Vicky Kimble's  Twisted Seasons Volume One has a couple of Christmas and Hannkkah designs.
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:36:05 AM »

I will second a Ballooney christmas.  Seeing D. Calddwell in a santa hat is worth it in itself.  Nearly lost my coke through my nose on that one!

Note to self, do not eat or drink anything while watching "senior Buster" do anyting.  He is now "officiailly" Buster Balloon from what I hear....But if there is a way to squeee a great laugh oout of an audience, buster will kick it in the shorts and make you pee your pants.  And I am a HUge fan of stretch too, but as was pointed out....the Christmas one is a bit on the basic side..Look to Robbie Furman and adapt his stuff to Santa and elves, Tonya McNiell has a nice elf design and look through the Balloon Magic archives and the Balloon HQ photos to find ideas.

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
harold_a_shaver

Big Kahuna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 08:08:14 AM »

I really like the Rankin Bass DVD that has Santa Claus is Coming to Town on it. It also has Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
 They are timesless family fun for kids of all ages.

Plus they can be very inspiring for balloon making.

Remember Bumbles Bounce!

Making Smiles One Twist At A Time (TM)
Magical Twists

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »

I actually would not recommend getting a dvd, rather go to La Rocks and get all the Balloon Magic Magazines back issues that deal with Christmas, you can see them listed by clicking on the snowman face on the homepage.
I own both Don's and Stretch's and love them both, but have gotten more out of the magazines.  All except two (the best two, Santa hat and ride inside reindeer) of Don Caldwell's Christmas designs can be found in the back issues, #43 is one of the best.
Best of luck.
Fun With Sparkles

Sparkles!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »

Great idea, Magical Twists!!!

Qualatex.com even has an online index where you can find exactly which issues have what you are looking for! Cheesy
IVY

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 07:21:12 PM »

ut if there is a way to squeee a great laugh oout of an audience, buster will kick it in the shorts and make you pee your pants.  And I am a HUge fan of stretch too, but as was pointed out....the Christmas one is a bit on the basic side..

Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals