Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
April 19, 2014, 10:17:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween stuff  (Read 4224 times)
Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »

Haha! How old was the boy? Was he younger or older? The mask is AMAZING! I hope she paid you for it or at least kept it. I would be honored to wear that amazing mask.  Grin Wink Grin
Big Bob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »

He was 8 years old , she keeped it...

arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 05:55:00 AM »

Wow, I kind of remember reading that thread a long time ago. It got pretty heated, (at least for balloon twisters, the most decent, kind, helpful people I have ever met online). It kind of suggests to me that If I make my own version of David's video, that would be all right. I may dig out the old camera and load the software into my new computer after all. Guess I had better get it done before All Hallow's Eve though. Hmmm.

Let's twist again, like we did last summer!
arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 06:59:02 AM »

Sorry Bob, I forgot to comment on your amazing skull mask, WOW! that's fantastic. The best one I ever made was Felix Oldi's amazing dragon mask but yours is terrific. On a lighter, (and much simpler note), here is a photo of the balloon ghost that David did a tutorial for on YouTube. I think he did a couple of things on the same video as this is so easy and quick. The art work is up to you, I go for the scream type look or a toothy ghoul with blood on its fangs.
Fully inflate a white 260, burp a bit of air out, find the mid point, twist together untilyou have the length you want for arms, lock twist the arms and bend them a bit, then tie in a white round, I used a generic 9" round as they last much better than pure latex, (sorry Qualatex).

* P1020197.JPG (284.19 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 50 times.)

* P1020198.JPG (292.35 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 43 times.)

phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »

That's a cute little ghost, which can easily be added to to make a Ghostbusters Balloon.

* Halloween Ghostbusters.jpg (67.34 KB, 450x600 - viewed 62 times.)

With all kind regards

Kevin
www.funtimeballoonsweymouth.com

If you ever need a helping hand, look on the end of your wrist, and you will find one. As you grow older you will discover you have two hands. One for helping yourself, and one for helping others.
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 03:36:39 AM »

Nice ghost.. Smiley

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »

The Green Goblin

I ended up redoing the arms after I took this picture and pointed the ears up, but I didn't get a picture of the final product.

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
mackerous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »

Arisuta, I made a very similar witch. I LOVE the shirt tails blowing in the wind! I'm totally stealing that. Other than that, we did mostly the same body. I do a much different head though, using an inverted geo and some bee bodies. Inspiration came from Flower Clown/Happy Cabbie Grinch head and isn't too different.

Here's the full witch: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bXQNDrOuvmgYob1dbHLUXA?feat=directlink (I later twisted the broom into the hands. Whoops.)
And a better version of the head: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/N_V9P_RyCRWeRhpjoBeNJA?feat=directlink

sara k

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »

This was acutally an alien balloon i based of off Johnnie Balloonie's Wicked pumpkin and his alien body he put on a previous post. I just added the horns so i think it looks more like some kind of green monster. The middle school kids at the book fair sure like him though. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150343934032266&set=a.238531437265.135436.164511887265&type=1&theater
sorry i didn't have it downloaded anywhere else hope you can see it.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:32:38 PM by sara k » Logged
arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 06:32:04 AM »

mackerous, I am currently trying out a double sided sticky stuff dispenser to stick the witch's hands to the broomstick. It seems to work quite well. It looks like a correction tape dispenser but produces sticky stuff instead. I have never bought glue spots and thought that looked like a good alternative. I also tried adding a couple of yellow bubbles for the eyes but they always seem to deflate first and leave it looking messy too quickly.
Cheers.

SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »

Big Bob's skull inspired me... I wondered what would happen if I blew his skull up.... here is my halloween costume:

Some of the white balloon you see in the mouth is from the straps to carry/wear this thing.

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 08:01:56 AM »

Great stuff Porter,very impressive. (the name Porter always reminds me of the character played by Mel Gibson in Payback. Your not a murderous armed robber are you? lol

Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 08:28:57 AM »

WOW! I love the mask and the goblin. The goblin looks similar to your witch you made some time ago.
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »

i just returned from doing a party at a hair salon.  It was pretty awesome.  Lots of fun kids and the girls are pretty......nice.  i made a few jack skellingtons for kids.  got them down to a simple piece by using 2 black 260, a scrap of 260 white and a 5 inch round white.  I make it a hat too sometimes by twisting the feet around the kid's head.  The skeleton is the same treatment.  funny thing, detail is not quite as much of a point for some kids.  i can do a skeleton with ribs and such, but I was making them with the nearly exact same body as the alien and it comes out pretty good.  lots of rave reviews, lots of people taking cards and the owner of the salon wants me to return in the spring for a birthday party!  wheee!

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
Peter John

If you build it they will come (and take it away!)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »

I am sorry I have not been here lately, so to make up for it here are a few monster related stuff.   Some inspired by Don Caldwell. Robbie Furman, and some of my own designs

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:24:17 PM by Peter John » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals