Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
October 20, 2014, 10:56:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How many balloons are in your pocket RIGHT NOW!!!  (Read 1640 times)
vslg1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »

I'm guessing I'm not the only one that gets to a store...readies myself to make payment for my items...and out with the money comes a handful of balloons...

How many of you carry balloons wherever you go...I've found that my pocket has become an invaluable marketing tool...kid is giving mom a hard time in the store...a balloon quiets them down, pleases mom and gets me a potential gig down the road...

But I never seem to have the right balloons to make whatever I think that kid would REALLY like...its always just random colors...almost never any rounds for eyes...and the sharpie is almost always out in the car when I need it most...

How about you all...Anybody strategically stuff their pockets...?
harold_a_shaver

Big Kahuna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 05:57:32 PM »

I carry  a purple crown royal bag in my pocket stuffed with various balloons

Making Smiles One Twist At A Time (TM)
vslg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »

LMAO @ crown royal bag...so do you just grab a handful and toss 'em in the bag or do you grab balloons to make certain things...
Abbeys_Mom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »

I don't have any, because then I would need my pump and my sharpie and my bow-tie and then if I'm bringing all that I'm going to work, not the grocery store.
paladinNJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »

Monday night I got back from a gig. Took out my wallet and piles of scraps came out. Dog came running thinking it was food.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/White-Knight-Balloons/144374235581273
Simply-Twisted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »

I have a red "ketchup" pump with a hand full of mixed balloons in the storage end... had a belt carrier made for it.... Got to have some latex with me at all times...  Grin

take a little latex...
                add a little air...    Simply Twisted
-----------------------------------------------------
Qualatex Satisfaction Guarantee
USA 1-800-880-6118 - Canada 1-800-263-6861 - Europe +44 1279 501090
Leslie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 11:42:29 PM »

In my bag ~2000, in my apron ~500.
160Qs, 260Qs, 321Qs, 350Qs, in the bag 646Qs, 5" mono colored and imprinted rounds (alien, polka dotted, smiley, Dracula, etc.), 11" safari and princess imprinted rounds.
For an all-day event I take the bag, for a few hours long birthday or wedding event I take the apron.

vslg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 05:27:48 AM »

Nah...Leslie...we're talking right now...when you're not working...just a trip to the grocery store...
Leslie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 05:33:20 AM »

Ah, I see.
The number is: zero.

harold_a_shaver

Big Kahuna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 07:53:14 AM »

Crown Royal Bag.

A little of both.  I carry a bag with 12k in balloons  in it and also a box with about 4k.

If I am in a tight venue ( restaurant , tight BD party) I will grab a couple extra balloons when I walk over to a table then the xtra end up in my pocket. So I put those in the bag plus I will toss in a couple geos and such or certian colors and shapes that I like to work with  just to have them. If I had to guess there must be around a 100 in the bag.

I work 7 days a week. So most likely I am headed to or returning from a gig....that means my balloons are usually in the truck with me and close at hand anyway.

toddham

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 08:18:48 AM »

I can not mouth inflate or I probably would keep some.   However I do keep about 100 or so random colors and a hand pump in my desk at work and the another 100 or so and pump in my truck.  So I am usually not too far from some of my balloons.
ms. cracker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 12:09:11 PM »

I usually take some in my book bag with my little hand pump. The kids at school love 'em. Actually, so do the other teachers. Not too many, maybe 15 to 20 for specific things.

This would be really funny if it weren't happening to me!
G-Mac

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »

Right now I have 10.  Only pink and purple, I did some busking yesterday, and ran out of everything but this.  I was already low on stock.  But I always try to have some in my pocket.  My first b-day gig was as a result of pocket balloons.  I usually have a marker in my pocket.  If I don't, then I try to make something that doesn't have to have a marker, such as a flower, sword, teddy bear, etc. 

God is most glorified in us when we are most delighted in him.
                        -John Piper
Peter John

If you build it they will come (and take it away!)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 04:59:40 PM »

I just got home from two gigs.  So the answer is none... but a whole lot of scraps!

harold_a_shaver

Big Kahuna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »

PJ.....They are not scraps they are bits that have not yet seen their potential.

Grin

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals