Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
October 31, 2014, 12:12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Balloon aprons  (Read 16920 times)
Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »

Anybody have instructions on how to make your own balloon bag/apron? I am not so good with making things beside balloons. (haha) but I don't know of any instructions so if any of you have made your own and are willing to share some of the instructions it would be greatly appreciated.  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Smiley
Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »

eek, I dunno about instructions. I just kind of measured and eyeballed it. I'll see what i can turn up

Eat, twist, be happy.
Leslie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »

I thought to make an apron by myself but finally bought one from Twist'em Up (Easy Load Delux). I think that was the best decision - I'm fully satisfied with this apron.
It can hols as many balloons as I need for an event afternoon or evening and looks very professional.

FuDDx

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 11:50:16 AM »

ED CHEE his apron In my humble opinion is much better for me than the Twist em Up was I had the biggest deluxe size twist em up made. I Enjoy Eds apron much more. For me it is easier to load has better pocket management/size. I love his apron if you have the money pick one up. If you like the Twist em Up but find the loading is a bit of a chore after awhile ( having to take out an entire row to replace one color) than Eds apron is the best again just my opinion.

And no I get no kick backs or anything from Ed though I do Live in the same state and happen to jam with him from time to time!!

http://shop.diamondstorm.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=75
Leslie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 11:59:29 AM »

It would be nice to see Ed's apron in action. The picture on his page shows only an unloaded, flat apron...

arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:22 AM »

Well, I made my apron from a simple black apron that I bought in the dollar store here in Japan, (well, it's the 100 yen store actually), the apron actually cost 300 yen. It's a full size apron so it gets a bit warm in summer. I use the bib for the pen pockets on it and to pin on badges for decoration. It had two rows of pockets already fitted so I use those for rounds, hearts, scraps and my scissors. I stitched on some velcro across the width of the apron below the pockets. I then had to laboriously create loops from a short piece of wide elastic with velcro stitched on at each end. Once the balloons are inserted into the loop, the soft velcro is pulled round to close the loop leaving a short bit of the spiky velcro showing outwards. This then attaches to the velcro strip. I have about sixteen or so loops at the moment and the balloons just hang free, there is no cover over them so it resembles a multi-coloured hulaskirt. It's not perfect but it will do for now and if I start making money at this hobby, I will likely invest in a professional apron.

Let's twist again, like we did last summer!
mackerous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 02:22:06 PM »

Quick note on Apron vs. Bag: The apron will catch the eye very well and makes you stand out. When busking, I get far more attention and compliments, which probably turns into more tips. I have the Twist 'em Up Jumbo as well and while it can get heavy, I am quite a fan.
sara k

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »

Irish,
I tried to send you a personal message but it said I was blocked. If you want to copy my balloon roll pattern by any means sure go for it. I put two hook velcro tabs on the end of the felt piece so it would roll up and hook onto itself.  It looks very impressive when rolled out and people see all those colors of balloons but it is also very inviting for little hands. Also the elastic strips hold a certain number of balloons and when the number gets low the last few balloons fall out easily. For a home made jobbie it works fine. I would like to try a busking bag sometime but as a female clown I think the apron just doesn't look right with the clown dresses and poofy skirts I wear.
Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 12:22:36 PM »

If you can take the time, I continue to vote for making one of your own or having it custom-made. If you're going to buy, I recommend Twist 'Em Up. Careful thought was given to its design, and I like it. However....

Below is a shot of me in my homemade apron. It has a looser fit, bigger pockets, improvements on the balloon holding straps, and the best thing of all: my choice of fabric!

No offense intended anywhere, understand, but I was impressed with apron features and design but turned off by the lack of patterns and color. Something about black and blue left me sore Smiley So I customized, designing my own based on what I wanted and having my wife sew it (which was her idea, by the way!). She later made me a necktie out of the same material, so now I have my own unique look!

Eat, twist, be happy.
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »

I am also a big fan of Twist em up.  I have had the Busking bag (triple) and the large apron, do not remember the name now as I sold it to a friend.  I sort of wish that I had saved it, but there ya go.
I have the triple busking bag which will hold 5 roll ups.  the rollups will easily carry 700-800 balloons each so approx 4000 balloons.  plus 16 pockets around the outside.  for my trip to TX, I took 4000 260 etc balloons and another 1000 or so of varius hearts, rounds and others.  but my working rig is a cart that will fit 5 rollups, though it works much better with 3.  I also have a couple of the mini apron pockets that hold 3 loops of balloons and have an external pocket for stuff like markers and such.  I call them a "Balloonslinger rig".  Also Twist em p will happily modify your apron or bag to suit YOU.  he is easy to deal with and the quality is far better than average.  FAR FAR better!

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »

I thought it meant put an * in the PM box if you WANT everyone to PM you. I hate instructions Tongue I changed it so now feel free to PM me now.  Grin
rbud87

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »

Be careful how much weight you put into your apron, be nice to your back! 
I also designed an apron, 12 pockets in the front, 2 in the back(invoices etc).  and added the twist'em up velcro loops for the balloons.  I did make different fronts and used separating zippers so that I could change the looks.
that being said.... I LOVE my bag.  The Twist'em up bag wasn't big enough, swiftee bag was too heavy with no wheels to carry...
so... designed our own bag. 
Figure out what you need and work toward that.  My bag has the same 12 pockets that my apron used to have (we retired it) plus I have pockets on the bag.... but it took us about 8 bags to get to "our" bag.... so if you try to make your own.... be prepared to make changes as you see the need. 
You will be glad you did!
Have fun with it, use the best materials possible.... if it's an apron... use cotton, because it will be hot and needs to breathe....
if it's a bag.... make it durable.... you will use it hard.
Oh, and a bag needs to be filled less often than an apron. 

Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »

Thanks everyone for the copious feedback! I am hoping the buy one from Twist em' up and maybe make some changes or adjustments to it. I don't need a big one just a small one that will fit about 10-15 different colors of balloons incase I do a gig soon because I am currently not doing any right now.
mattybfunnie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »

I know this is an older thread, but I thought I would share my current balloon bag. It is a craft tote my mom gave me. It is currently stocked with about 3,000 balloons, a few hundred more than this photo.

Take a look in WallyWorld or Michaels. They should be between $20 and $40. A tool bag from Home Depot or Lowes would work too.

* balloon bag.jpg (44.22 KB, 642x480 - viewed 574 times.)
Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »

I attached suspenders to my apron so that I don't have to have it cinched so tight around my waist. I can also attach my pins to the suspender straps so I am not putting holes in my shirts.

I have a twist 'em up, too. I like it, but it could be better. It says it will hold 50 balloons per strap, but I find it is way too full if I do that, so I limit it to about 30-35 per strap. It isn't that the straps can't hold 50, but the apron is not deep enough to let the balloons in the lowest strip hang straight down. This really annoys me. How difficult would it have been to make the apron two inches longer?

Teacher, Voice Actor, Balloon Twister, Tuvan Throat Singer. I know... weird, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals