Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
September 19, 2014, 08:50:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Balloon aprons  (Read 16010 times)
Irish Twister

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »

I am trying to find a balloon apron that works for me but is cheap and will hold up. My price range is about $40ish and I was looking at Twist em' ups aprons. I am planning on ordering a lot of different types of balloons probably like 20-30 ish different colors of 260s and some geos, hearts, and 5 in rounds. I was going to buy the Easy Load Tuck N' Go or the Easy Load Quick Draw. Which is a better buy? What aprons do you guys reccomend or have?
snurb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »

I love my twist em up apron.

Stay twisted!!!
Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »

I liked Twist em Up best, but it still did not offer all that I needed. So, I made my own!

Eat, twist, be happy.
Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:19:49 PM »

I love my twist em up apron.

Which do you have?
Nat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »

Twist Em Up apron....

Pros
*  Room for up to 36 different balloon colors --- more if you combine colors in the velcro strips.  I use 24 different colors of 260s and use the last strip for misc. 160s, 350s and 646s...
*  Lots of varying sized pockets.  I am just figuring out how to use these pockets effectively.  One thing I am considering doing is to get a small pouch to attach to the strap to put balloon scraps that are too small to reuse into so I do not have to clean out my apron as regularly...
*  2 Large Hidden Pockets...  I say hidden as it is behind the balloons and I didn't know it was there when I first got the apron, I was to impressed with everything else.  These pockets are great for stuffing money and items you do not want to fall out of a pocket and want out of sight.  These are my favorite pockets on the apron.

Cons
*  If you load too many balloons in the apron, if you have a long gig your back will be a bit sore and tell you about it.  I love how many balloons you can load into it, but don't over do it if you have to.

Suggestion...  I would suggest if you are busy and at times doing 4-6 gigs in a short period, you may want a second apron available.  Load both aprons up and if you are running tight for a gig and do not have the time to reload a specific color for a gig, you can simply pickup the secondary apron.  This has been a wonderful life saver for me this summer.  It really helps with your sanity if you can afford to do it.  I bought reload strips, but have never used them as this is much easier for me...

Nathaniel
Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »

Thanks for your input. Which apron do you have?
Nat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »

Oops --- thought I included that --- the Jumbo Twist Em Up apron.

Nathaniel
harold_a_shaver

Big Kahuna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »

Consider a balloon bag  such as www.swiftybags.com     the capacity is greater than an apron  and you dont have the weight around your neck

Making Smiles One Twist At A Time (TM)
snurb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »

Men's a jumbo too. I have also found that the velco loops can pop undone. can be a pain. But there are ways around it.

Stay twisted!!!
jillybilly1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 11:05:34 AM »

I don't use an apron because I can't stand for balloon jobs so I can't imput here

Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle
Nat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »

One thing the wife and I occasionally do is we strap the apron to a chair for good measure.  Note, this apron straps to the waste and is not supported by the neck.  If anything is sore from the apron it will be the back.

Nathaniel
Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »

The bag looks helpful but VERY expensive. Looking to spend around $40ish bucks on one not $200.
harold_a_shaver

Big Kahuna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »

Understand about the expense. I will attest that they wear like iron. I have two of the biggest working out of them and they are are over loaded and handle the stress of 12-15k in balloons.  Upside tough and have great capacity...downside  weigh over 50lbs each

Making Smiles One Twist At A Time (TM)
Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »

I made my own busking-style bag with a roller duffle bag, PVC pipe, and rubber bands. Cost me about $40 all said and done, hold thousands of balloons, and I can pull it instead of carry, which is nice.

honestly, you can invest for the future or make something for yourself while you build up. I custom made my apron, bag, and electric pump. Cost me 20% of what I would have paid otherwise.

Eat, twist, be happy.
mbd2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 07:53:30 AM »

I've learned it is quicker to buy something off the shelf then finding somebody to make it.  Unless your talking about an apron or bag that must fit into a costume look.  Otherwise, I would suggest looking at what is available and see if you can work with that.  If you cannot then invest the time into designing your own balloon apron/bag.

Dale
Magical Balloon-dude
http://www.mbd2.com

Magical Balloon-dude Dale - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ZxXhKIeeI">Balloon Artist</a>
mbd2.com Balloon Entertainment at its Best!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals