Since I also read on here somewhere that good hats are a great earner and always popular, I thought that this video must be worth getting.
I'm one of the biggest proponents of balloon hats... I LOVE making them and here's why:
1) They stand out. When I'm working a location, people know that I'm there. It's hard to hide a 2-6 foot balloon hat!
2) It's easy to look like you know what you're doing. Since people aren't used to seeing balloon hats, an average twister will look good and a good twister will look great---at least in the eyes of the consumer.
3) Balloon hats work for every age. Adults/teens/grandparents can all get behind balloon hats... you can also use the great line of, "Wouldn't S/HE look great in a balloon hat?" I use that line when I walk up to a table and try to get the other people at the table to agree that one specific person needs a hat... if you ask that person they might say no, but by asking their freind/family member if they would look good in a balloon hat, you get a yes.
4) I find that making a balloon hat can be as quick as asking somebody what they want... you don't get the "Um what can you make" run around as much.
5) You can be more creative---there are only so many ways that you can make a balloon dog (I know, there are scores of different balloon dogs out there, but the number of variants is somewhat limited.) Balloon hats can be as wild and creative as you can possibly be!
And yes, I do think I get better tips from making them... but it also costs me more (3-15 balloons per hat).