Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
July 24, 2014, 08:39:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twisted Critters 1  (Read 1059 times)
arisuta

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2011, 09:46:19 AM »

Just got this DVD last week and found it very inspirational. Since I also read on here somewhere that good hats are a great earner and always popular, I thought that this video must be worth getting. It certainly lived up to expectations as far as the hats went. The Monkey is terrific, (although I would make the cheeks and ears with mocha in future, the cow is great and the tiger is terrific. This has been out for a while and I would recommend it to anyone who wants excellent looking animal hats. On the downside, I didn't really like the dolphin hat or the poodle but I might still make them if requested, the rest were great. Thanks to Patricia for all her hard work and great ideas.

Let's twist again, like we did last summer!
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »

On the downside, I didn't really like the dolphin hat or the poodle but I might still make them if requested, the rest were great. Thanks to Patricia for all her hard work and great ideas.

The dolphin hat is one of my favs... I like the video because it gives me a hat alternative when somebody wants an animal and I want to do something more, but I find that I don't use her designs that often.  The dolphin, however gets asked for at least once a week.

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
arisuta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »

Really? I'm surprised but if that's the case, I had better get twisting. I just learnt WarrenAnn's dolphin on YouTube and it is very good.
Cheers.

Let's twist again, like we did last summer!
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »

Since I also read on here somewhere that good hats are a great earner and always popular, I thought that this video must be worth getting.

I'm one of the biggest proponents of balloon hats... I LOVE making them and here's why:

1) They stand out.  When I'm working a location, people know that I'm there.  It's hard to hide a 2-6 foot balloon hat!
2) It's easy to look like you know what you're doing.  Since people aren't used to seeing balloon hats, an average twister will look good and a good twister will look great---at least in the eyes of the consumer.
3) Balloon hats work for every age.  Adults/teens/grandparents can all get behind balloon hats... you can also use the great line of, "Wouldn't S/HE look great in a balloon hat?"  I use that line when I walk up to a table and try to get the other people at the table to agree that one specific person needs a hat... if you ask that person they might say no, but by asking their freind/family member if they would look good in a balloon hat, you get a yes.
4) I find that making a balloon hat can be as quick as asking somebody what they want... you don't get the "Um what can you make" run around as much. 
5) You can be more creative---there are only so many ways that you can make a balloon dog (I know, there are scores of different balloon dogs out there, but the number of variants is somewhat limited.)  Balloon hats can be as wild and creative as you can possibly be!

And yes, I do think I get better tips from making them... but it also costs me more (3-15 balloons per hat).

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
www.someclownconsulting.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals