Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
October 25, 2014, 12:39:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Stretch Clendennon DVDs  (Read 2937 times)
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:20:15 AM »

OK.  I now have acquired a number of stretch Clendennen's DVD collection and here is the upshot.  NOBODY BUY them!  I do not want ANYONE ELSE to be able to make these figures  So go away...forget about it, you won't like them and they are not good at all.......

OK, all right.   Stretch is a nice guy and the DVDs are about as useful as you can imagine.  every one of them has jewels of ideas that will make you the best twister in your area.  I have "Face off"  "Party Buddies"  "Twisted Rider"  "on the road" and "Under the sea w/ CaptStgretch"

Facce off is full of human figures that are easy-ish and impressive several bodies and a number of faces and face ideas!

Under the sea has a goup of undersea creatures including the blowfish and a stingray and the blowfish ALONE is worth the DVD.  this is one of those "Ladybug" pieces.  not hard to do, but girls so OOOOOOOOooo!  when you do it.

On the road is m least favorite simply because the motorcycle is covered in twisted rider, and I am not most pleased weith the car and pickup truck design.  they are easy and all, but not my favorites.

Twisted rider has bicycles, skateboards, motorcycles and such.  They are very good.  this is a good-un.

Party Buddies is OK, he details the hand pretty well and I think it is a great thing!  I got it because I need to do "DEATH" on his motorcycle for a program this summer.  Plus I love motorcycles and this has some new ideas for them.

Now the problems bad.  but they all hang up on me at vvarious points in the vewing cycle and there is no continuity.  it is not one long cohesive piece.  the stuff is like You tube in that you have to clickon the next section to view it.

BUT  the material is great and without exception, relatively easy.  nearly any beginner past the "Dog and sword" stage can do it!

A bit pricy at $40-$45 each....buuuuuuuutt!  I would recommend them!   Face off and under the sea first. twisted rider next.  I have not seen the others yet!

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
Fun With Sparkles

Sparkles!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »

He has a classified at at BalloonHQ.com where they are on sale for $25 till the end of March!

Stretch's New DVD and Workshop Coming Soon
    If you would like to purchase any of Stretch's 20 DVDs, they are on sale through March 31st. . . . On sale for $25.00 each with FREE S&H in the US only; Regular $40.00 each (For International S&H contact Stretch). . . stretch@stretchc.com. This offer is NOT on the website, so email Stretch and mention this ad. You can look on the website to get the descriptions of each DVD. . . Email Stretch about details on his New DVD, "The Wizard of Ahs" 260s, 360s, and 660s, Oh My! to be released on April 1st . . . preorder and prepaid early bird special! Plus "The Wizard of Ahs" Workshop on Monday, April 18th at All American Balloons in Arlington, Texas. . . email for details or visit website; http://www.gotclass.info/gotclassworkshops.html
    Read more about: Stretch's New DVD and Workshop Coming Soon
    Updated: 21 Mar 2011
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 08:33:27 PM »

yeah!  I got two more from Stretch at the discount price and like them.  Dr Stretchinstein (not seen it yet...BUSY) and The good Bad and Twisted.  mostly firearms etc.  I like the 6 shooters and such.  yeah, I know...some folks don'tlike guns....ok, don't get this one.  but they are often requested.sooooo!

papa

Magic-Ian

Twist and Shout

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 09:32:44 PM »

I have ordered "face off" at the special price.  It worked out to about $59 NZ. including postage.  So I'm now looking forward to receiving it. 
I don't buy too many DVDs as at the regular price plus postage it's very expensive with the exchange rate.  So I was lucky these were on special.
Can't wait...
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »

OK.  I now have acquired a number of stretch Clendennen's DVD collection and here is the upshot.  NOBODY BUY them!  I do not want ANYONE ELSE to be able to make these figures  So go away...forget about it, you won't like them and they are not good at all.......

You had me scared there... I skimmed this opening paragraph and thought, "OH NO!  I JUST ORDERED A STRETCH DVD TODAY! AND NOW I FIND OUT IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!"  Panic set in, then I read the rest of the post and re-read the intro... hopefully the Pool Party DVD is just as good, I'll let you know in a few days.

Porter
www.someclownconsulting.com

Porter "Poppa Balloon" Broyles
Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 08:06:19 AM »

Papa, looks like your ploy almost worked Wink

Eat, twist, be happy.
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 01:01:05 PM »

Damn!  Stretch has so e really fantastic ideas.  and he is pretty clear in explaing them...the best so far is face off.  that one is really great.

SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 07:52:28 AM »

My pool buddies DVD arrived last night and I watched about half of it so far.

When I purchased the DVD, I didn't expect overly elaborate creations ala Don Caldwell's Monkey in a Tree.  Working with 660's and creations meant to float is a different niche.  What I expected was some cool creations that were fairly simple  in concept, but because of their size delivered the wow factor.  To that, this video has delivered.  So far I am not disappointed.  The different floaties are elaborate enough to be readily identified as different creations and for what they are.  Stretch does a good job at explaining what he is doing and why.  The challenge with these creations is working with the size of the balloons not the complexity of the design.  Some peopel may have more trouble creating these because of the size of the balloons.  So far, I'd say that the twisting difficulty level on this is advanced beginner to intermediate (it may get harder?) but the creations still have the "Cool" factor because of their size!

My only criticism of the DVD is one that I've noticed on several balloon DVDs.  I typically watch the DVDs on my portable DVD player on the bus (thus a small screen.)  The problem that I have watching this (and other DVDs by others) is that the balloons often do not stand out.  A person will be wearing a black shirt and working with black balloons, and there will be no contrast between the balloon and the shirt.  Or they will be working in front of a white background and with white balloons and the balloons blend into the background.  IMO, the best videos are the ones where the person wears a shirt and background that contrasts with the colors they are using.

Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:02:23 AM »

I second that. Dave Brennion had the same problem in his Rounds DVD (that light table was a big dislike, sorry).

Robbie Furman does an excellent job of making the balloons visible. Of the videos I've watched with Stretch, he does it well too... sorry to know that it was a problem in one.

Eat, twist, be happy.
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 10:45:36 PM »

A bit pricy at $40-$45 each....buuuuuuuutt!  I would recommend them!   Face off and under the sea first. twisted rider next.  I have not seen the others yet!

Stetch is having a sale on these items.  Contact his wife via his facebook account and you can buy them for $25 a piece... but the sale end on July 31.  I just purchased twisted rider, party buddies, and his new twisted party toppers... I haven't watched any yet, but thought it was worth mentioning.

SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 10:31:55 PM »

I've just watched the Twisted Riders DVD and thought it was pretty good.  The first few designs were extremely basic and I was a little worried about them, but then he got more complex.  The designs are for a beginner to intermediate level twister.  Nothing over complicated or complex, but worth learning.  After watching the 3 wheel motorcycle, I went to Joe's Crab Shack and made a 3 wheel motorcycle hat---the hat was so impressive that people from other tables were coming over to take pictures of it.  (And no, Stretch didn't teach it as a hat, I just made it into one!)

I also got his new Party Toppers DVD.  This DVD is more basic, I'd say an advanced beginner could do everything on the DVD, but I still liked it.  I was a little worried because hats are my thing.  And I was a little worried that he'd give a bunch of hats that I've already figured out, instead, he gave a number of hats and provided a new base for my hats... he actually taught me a few new bases, but that is because I saw a couple of uses he didn't introduce.

Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 04:38:01 AM »

I do a lot of the motorcycles from the dvd.  and yes he does tend to do intermediate stuff.  i got the airlines one and was mildly disapointed simply because  I thought it would be more advanced than it was...but at the same time, there were some nice designs done in a way that I had not thought of, inc,udi ng a starship enterprize  which was pretty cool.  All the concepts are good though and expandable easily to more  impresive pieces.  Heck, I am an equal opportunity twister, I steal....uh....research from EVERYbOdY

SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 08:37:26 AM »

inc,udi ng a starship enterprize  which was pretty cool. 

Was it a 2 balloon enterprise or was it more advanced?  Making a Voyager out of the enterprise is fairly simple, just modify the command module to be triangular rather than circular.

It's also easy to make a balloon hat out of a basic Enterprise.  Use the command section area that you know.  Then take two balloons and make a two balloon base where the "long" section of the balloon extends on each end.  Use those to build the engines and attach the command module to the center of the base.

Irish Twister

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 06:19:48 AM »

What website can you find the dvd's listed and also see the special $25 price? I would LOVE to get in on this offer.  Grin
SomeClownConsulting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 10:39:56 PM »

What website can you find the dvd's listed and also see the special $25 price? I would LOVE to get in on this offer.  Grin

Sorry the sale was over on Aug 31.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals