Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
July 22, 2014, 06:57:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dora  (Read 3101 times)
roadking

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2007, 07:00:25 PM »

Hey everyone, don't recall if this was in any thread. I am doing a gig this weekend and the theme is Dora the explorer. Any ideas, or instruction on an easy Dora?
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 12:03:26 AM »

I love Dora... Sean did a Dora bracelet...check it out at his website..
i believe by looking at the pic might help u too..http://www.imnotaclown.com/images/gallery/dora-bracelet.jpg

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
roadking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »

Thanks PT. Can always count on you.
PrincessTwister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:45:08 PM »

Im here to share... I dont have the intructions thou.. if u have found and made it..lets share ok..?  Grin

clownpatje

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:46:04 PM »

This Dora is made by Patrick van de Van (great twister!).

Grz

Patje

* DSCF1593.jpg (18.85 KB, 336x448 - viewed 304 times.)
PrincessTwister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 08:42:45 AM »

A link from balloonhq of Dora http://moonshine.balloonhq.com/complete.php?portid=3152&page=1&id=50001&category=0&idl=9

roadking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »

Thanks for those links. I just got back from that gig and was all ready with sean's Dora bracelet( thanks Sean!!!) and no one even asked for one!!! I couldn't find any kid that wanted it. Spiderman and horses and monkeys, and penguins. Once they saw what 1 kid had they all wanted to copy it. So much for planning.
JiM (loondini)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »

That's the thing with us (self Conscious) Balloon twisters. we try to push ourselves to know how to make 10000000's of really hard and (escpecially if you live in the netherlands Smiley )  expansive creations. the truth is many children are amazed by REALLY simple one bln designs. just the change in the shape and how fast and wierdly (to them) you bolw them up. going to a party you (or at least i) think "o no i dont think i remember how to make my juggling panda on a bicycle for 2, thru a ring of fire!" many ppl think our job is hard enough-going thru throngs of screaming 7 year olds- do we really have 2 make it harder

In recent years Christmas has become more and more commercialized. The same holds true for Chanukah even though it is a minor holiday. It
makes sense. How could we market a major holiday such as Yom Kippur? Come to synagogue starve
urself for 27 hrs then have big sales on matreses and electronics:
Bickers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 03:09:29 AM »

wow - can you really make a juggling panda on a bucycle for 2 going through a ring of fire... how impressive, how many balloons....

(i'm joking)
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 06:56:48 AM »

wow - can you really make a juggling panda on a bucycle for 2 going through a ring of fire... how impressive, how many balloons....

I am not interested because it would be to expensive (living in the Netherlands) LOL

But you have a point there Jim. I think we discussed it somewhere else before and most of us agree with your point of view
Scottiemyboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 06:24:25 PM »

Yes Kids can be funny, one little guy asked for a snake and I never had done one before, so how hard is it to make a snake? I said ok and took a 260 and kind of twisted it around and marked  eyes on it and he seemed to love it, thats is entil he sow me make a sword for the next kid. Well it was a sorry looking snake that was for sure. So I want home and worked  on making a good looking snake, I ended up using Michels twist for the body and for the head I did a two and a helf twist and then a one inc and pinch twisted that for the eyes and the used the marker on the eyes. I loved it. The next time a kid asked for a snake, I said sure, I can make a great looking snake just for you, He said great and then said make it a cober snake. oooboy some days lol.
                                  Scottie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals