Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
September 23, 2014, 03:20:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Balloon Bag/case  (Read 5567 times)
ikepete

View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:24:42 PM »

In high school i was in the marching band and when we were done marching we would put our Plumes (feather things that stuck into our hats) into a case. i think the idea of case would work for balloons to. Not sure that card board tubes would be good for the balloons but you can fill it from either side

http://www.bandshoppe.com/catalog/productDetail.do?p=Marching_Band_Plume_Storage_Cases

InKrEdible IKE
Big Bob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:39:27 AM »

that is a neet looking case , mmmm might have to try it, thanks ikepete

ikepete

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:09:59 PM »

There are different ones out there that may be better

InKrEdible IKE
Marvelous Marc

Eat, twist, be happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:43:37 PM »

use PVC instead of cardboard, and notch it so that you can put two rubber bands in an X across the top. Then you can stuff balloons down where the bands intersect. It will get as large as you need it to and hold them in place

Eat, twist, be happy.
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »

Personally, I have found that the BEST way to carry balloons is in the roll up by Twist-em-up.  If you buy a busking bag, they come with them, or you can order them for about $15 each plus shipping.  these are sturdy and seem to work great.  I tried their aprons and they are GOOD, but I am uncomfortable with the apron concept for the most part.  I find the busking bag to work better for me. 

The rollups hold 12 bundles of balloons in Velcro loops.  Each loop will comfortably hold about 50 balloons (260) though  you can squeeze more in if you need to meaning that you can carry about 600 balloons in each rollup.

I have a "single busking bag" at the moment and am ordering a double. I also have a "side apron" which is a small "holster" that will carry about 150 balloons and has a pocket for more stuff on the outside (I usually carry markers and such.)

To tell the truth, I have absolutely no fear in recommending Twist em Up.  Alan is a highly competent person and seems to be very customer oriented.

Mark

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »

I use clear plastic shelf liner: http://tinyurl.com/7gmduek  I cut it into 8 to 10 inch wide pieces to hold a bag of 100 260s, then roll them into tubes around the balloons. I use velcro cable ties (http://amzn.to/HEJBHV) around the rolls.

Teacher, Voice Actor, Balloon Twister, Tuvan Throat Singer. I know... weird, right?
mackerous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 06:16:38 AM »

I also use plastic shelf liner, but that's for my balloon storage. I have the Twist 'em Up Jumbo or Duluxe apron (forget which, appears there's only the difference of 2 pockets) for gigs but for storage, I roll the balloons up in the shelf liner in packs of 50 with rubber bands or balloon scraps tied around them. Why 50? because that's what the apron holds per loop and if I'm nearly out, I pull the last few balloons out of the loop, put them in my practice bag (bag of mixed colors I take with me everywhere or practice out of) and I already have a perfect 50 counted out to load up. If I don't need all 50, I'll eyeball how much I need and put the tube back upside down, denoting it's not full. I keep them in a milk crate. I prefer this to keeping them in the bags because:

a) I can easily see how many of each color I have left in stock without having to hack my way through dozens of Qualatex bags
b) easier to restock my apron
c) it just looks more organized
d) Takes up less space (I have ~4000 balloons in one milk crate)

I'm thinking of making a video on this set up combined with my hanging shoe organizer I use for printed rounds.
Mr. Boma

Mr. Boma's Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »

Mackerous - I also have a Twist 'em Up apron for my restaurant and other "walking gigs". But 50 in each loop makes the apron feel way over-stuffed. I usually limit myself to about 30 per loop - which I realize means I have to refill more often. But I would rather do that than bust my zippers.

I also have a small cart for birthday parties and other gigs where I get to sit in one spot. That's what I use the shelf liner rolls for. Before I got the apron, I used the liner rolls in a messenger bag for my walking gigs, as kind of a home-made busking bag. It worked remarkably well, but didn't have enough outside pockets for rounds, hearts, etc.

Teacher, Voice Actor, Balloon Twister, Tuvan Throat Singer. I know... weird, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals