Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
September 15, 2014, 09:52:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: scheduling!  (Read 2112 times)
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2009, 05:12:55 AM »

I am a little odd...perhaps you noticed..But I like to have my gigs sorted out several weeks in advance.  I was somewhat worried  when a few weeks ago, I did not have ANY gigs lined up from the first weekend in November to the end of the year.  Oh, I had my regular New Years Eve country club party, but THAT was about it!  Then for some reason, they started to flow in!  I was staring at a blank calendar and suddenly I now have shows every week until christmas!  What the HECK!  How did that happen?

Strange...Last year, I don't think I had but two or three shows between Halloween and April! gosh it is nice when it works!

Papa

how do you get to Carnige Hall? ...........PRACTICE!
ikepete

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 07:32:02 AM »

congratulations papa eventually i would like to be that busy but im not ready for that right now. I have a lot of other things going on

InKrEdible IKE
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »

I like being that busy!  I have the Restuarant tomorrow but that is IT this weekend.  Things start up again next week and the week after!  I have at least ONE event every week for the rest fo the year, usually two or three!  YAY!

Papa

Eddie Edwards

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »

Forgive me for doing anything wrong but as it's only recently I've started out, I warn my clients to book at least one week in advance. So far, it has worked fine especially if my gig at Portage is 11 days from now and the booking was carried out about 4 weeks ago.
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:19:02 PM »

Oh, yeah.  book out a few weeks if you can!  But you inevitably get people who call and want you "Saturday at 1?"   It doesna always work. Oh, sometimes it does. I check my calendar and see what is up but often I have to refer them to someone else.

Papa

Eddie Edwards

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »

Oh, yeah.  book out a few weeks if you can!  But you inevitably get people who call and want you "Saturday at 1?"   It doesna always work. Oh, sometimes it does. I check my calendar and see what is up but often I have to refer them to someone else.

Papa

More specifically, what do you recommend?
Stevetheballoonguy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 02:49:29 AM »

Papa,
I've even had folks call Sat. at 12 noon and want the clown to pop into a childs
birthday party for 10 - 15 minutes on Sat. at 1 o'clock. Its like they think
that I just sit around in full make just waiting for them to call. Not only that
but it takes me that 10-15 minutes to get my gear out of my car and into
the home. The shortist time I have been able to book a gig has been 3 days out.
Normally I send them to anothor clown in the area if I am booked. I try to see if
their event can be rescheduled for a time that I'm available.
that_guyjake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:50:03 PM »

I am a scheduler for my real job and it is a requirement that it is scheduled almost a week out.  While I understand emergencies...sometimes, it is just not possible.  If they really want something same day and I am not booked...i may chage an extra fee.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle...
Eddie Edwards

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 06:06:02 AM »

On Papa's account maybe I should have my clients booking me at least four weeks in advance unless anybody can prove me wrong.
that_guyjake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 08:28:06 PM »

four weeks is a little extreme...one to two weeks should be enough, unless you are really that busy.  If you are then great!  4 weeks will work fine.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle...
unicaw89

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 12:03:26 AM »

I've had a party book almost an entire year in advance! I told em I dont need a deposit just reminders throughout the year hahah! I do my own schedule for restaurants every 2 weeks. Twisting is my full time, and only job. I tell those who are interested in my work that to book me less than 2 weeks in advance is truly a risk on there part. Though I have had a fun lil party that booked me with 1 hour notice lol. I WAS ABLE TO MAKE IT!!! hahaha.

I dont charge more or less when it comes to how early they book. I guess I just like a flat rate with a first come first serve attitude. Though like Papa, I have found that when you are scared looking at your calander and you are not looking forward to a boring weekend, almost always you get a last minute call or 2 =)

Cody Freakin' Williams
Unicyclist gone Twister
www.Youtube.com/unicaw89
Papaballoon

Off with his head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »

Hi!  I was off a while here, just doing my thing and forgot to check back!

OK, I schedule people whenever I can IF I HAVE THE TIME!  USUALLY this comes down to a week or two in advance, but often enough I have gigs set up for a few weeks or months out.  I have a couple of gigs in Feb and one in June for sure, and my July 4 Party.

Do I recommend anything??? sure!  Schedule a gig whenever you possibly can do it!  If someone calls me and says, "Hey!  We have a party going on, can you get your balloons out and come over?" and I HAVE the time and the Balloons....I GO!  But generally, I MUCH prefer to have at least a week or two so that I can make my work a reasonable sort of schedule. 

Perry Noia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »

rather funny story of something that happened last weekend...

caller: Hi is this Perry Noia?
me: Yes!
caller: I'm having a birthday party for my daughter.
me: Ok Great! (pull out my calendar from my purse)
caller: We're at a restaurant and they're all asking for a clown, can you be here in half an hour?
me: ~stunned silence~ .....I'm sorry, you mean NOW??
caller: Yes.
me: umm, no I'm sorry but I really can't, I'm not even at home right now.
caller: OK.

So really, do YOU sit around all day on a Sunday afternoon, in clown, waiting for someone to call YOU for a party?  Seriously, I was at my mother's house visiting with family right after church.  It takes me half an hour to put on my makeup, let alone go home, put on my makeup, then get where ever the heck they were.... and I was not the only clown that got that particular phone call as I found out later that day.

Perry Noia
the Scaredy Clown

www.freewebs.com/perrynoia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals