Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
September 18, 2014, 04:44:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: balloon cupcake with small balloons  (Read 3208 times)
bigbrotherballoons

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »

HI out there!

I have a lady that ordered balloons for her kids b-day. She wants me to make a balloons cupcake out of small balloons, 5" balloons, and I need some help making it.

Dose any one out there have any info on how to make one?
Thanks!
Joey

Happy Twisting
Joey
Mary Lou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:20:07 AM »

I have done this before - you will need two colors of 5inch balloons and then a 260 and another to make the candle.  260 scraps will make the sprinkles

make a small sand weight first using an 11inch or 9 inch balloon - 5 inch balloons are to lightweight.  Make it the size of a golf ball.

This really is just making garland.  Using the cake color  blow 10 of them up to about 3 inches.   I use 5 in each row instead of 4 since it makes it more round looking.  Tie 3 balloons and the neck and then 2 and then put those together to make the five.  Tie the the sand weight to them.  It will probably not sit flat yet, make the next group of five.  Then using the frosting color, make a group of five - blow them to about 4 inches.  Once more group of five blown up to 3 inches.  Then use a cooridination 260 and just stack them like you are  making garland.  Blow up the 260 you are using as the candle color about the height you want.  Use a 5 inch that you want as the flame color and marriage twist it to the candle, then tie the other end to the top of the cupcake so it sticks straight up.  Use rubber cement to glue 20 sprinkles on the top...

I cannot put a picture in a post here to save my life - but here is the link to a pic of one I did....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bamaballoons/3978556446/
bigbrotherballoons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 06:58:16 AM »

Thank you so muhc!!!

That is just what I need for this lady! I was looking at your photos on the site that you gave me the link to... are you a CBA? I am and we are doing the same thing that you do.
Again... THANKS!!!
I have done this before - you will need two colors of 5inch balloons and then a 260 and another to make the candle.  260 scraps will make the sprinkles

make a small sand weight first using an 11inch or 9 inch balloon - 5 inch balloons are to lightweight.  Make it the size of a golf ball.

This really is just making garland.  Using the cake color  blow 10 of them up to about 3 inches.   I use 5 in each row instead of 4 since it makes it more round looking.  Tie 3 balloons and the neck and then 2 and then put those together to make the five.  Tie the the sand weight to them.  It will probably not sit flat yet, make the next group of five.  Then using the frosting color, make a group of five - blow them to about 4 inches.  Once more group of five blown up to 3 inches.  Then use a cooridination 260 and just stack them like you are  making garland.  Blow up the 260 you are using as the candle color about the height you want.  Use a 5 inch that you want as the flame color and marriage twist it to the candle, then tie the other end to the top of the cupcake so it sticks straight up.  Use rubber cement to glue 20 sprinkles on the top...

I cannot put a picture in a post here to save my life - but here is the link to a pic of one I did....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bamaballoons/3978556446/

Happy Twisting
Joey
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals