Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
October 24, 2014, 08:20:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, everyone!  (Read 1346 times)
AlohaMI

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:26:06 PM »

I've been checking out this forum for the past week or so and decided it was high time I registered and introduced myself.  I got into twisting on accident, really.  Last fall we were at a pumpkin farm where a clown was twisting animals.  Well, my son's dog balloon came apart in the car, so I twisted it around into a weird looking hat with a dog head.  Seeing as I had never twisted a balloon before in my life, it was definitely nothing to look at but he was happy anyway.  So then on Christmas I open up a present that turns out to be a starter kit with balloons, a pump, and a small how-to book, along with a letter from my pastor welcoming me as the founding member of our balloon ministry.  It was really given as a gag, and everyone was surprised that I took off with it. 

Unfortunately, I got busy with work and life, so I haven't been practicing much.  This Friday I am going to be making animals for our vacation Bible school carnival.  Thankfully it's quite small, and there will only be about 15 - 20 kids.  I've been pouring over this forum to get ideas for simple animals to make. and now I'm just waiting for more supplies to come in.  You all make such amazing things, and I'm really looking forward to learning a lot!
amarchan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »

Welcome AlohaMI! (Sorry, I didn't catch your name! Balloon ministry is awesome! I was a children's minister for a few years. It was one of the reasons I got into balloons. What is the VBS theme? Maybe we can help with some designs. We did power lab, so I just twisted lots of balloon bubbles in glass beakers and lots of DNA looking strands! Good luck and welcome!
Annette
jmcbride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 07:20:03 PM »

Welcome and best of luck with the VBS.

Jason
balloonssg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:22:14 PM »

Welcome on board AlohaMI!  I'm Russell from Singapore.  Great to have you on board!
AlohaMI

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 07:55:17 PM »

The VBS theme is Friendship Trek.  Since I'm just beginning I need to stick with easier stuff, but I'm open to suggestions! 
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »

AlohaMI... glad've decided to join us... have fun learning and sharing... warm welcome from the Royal of Little Island of Singapore Smiley

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals